Monday, January 10, 2011

Education Done!!!

One of the "new" requirements for international adoption is 10 hours of adoption education.  The reason for this is that China joined The Hauge Convention on Adoptions.  Apparently there have been several adoptions that were not successful for whatever reason.  The education is geared toward giving people a realistic view of issues that can occur and what to look for with their child.  We didn't have to do this when adopting Luke.

At first I thought it was a huge pain.  Mostly because I felt like there should be a waiver for families who have already adopted.  But I've also thought that with a lot of this process.  China already has a file on us.  Our birth, marriage and other documents haven't changed.  Why do we need to resubmit them???  I guess it's just part of the process and we just have to go with the flow.

So we started the education today.  It took us several hours to complete.  We did it together.  A lot of it was kind of what I thought, stuff I already knew.  Much of it confirmed for us that we have done the right things with Luke.  Gives us confidence that we will do the right things again for Claire.  So, in the end I didn't really mind doing it.  It's all for Claire and even at this early stage I'd do anything for her.  So I'm happy to have this step done.  One small step closer to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment