Thursday, June 2, 2011

What to do while waiting???

Our documents were sent to China almost 2 months ago.  It took the Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs about 2 weeks to log them in to their system.  So we are currently at day 34 of waiting for a letter from them officially matching us with Claire.  On one of the list serves I watch, there is one family who is at day 75 and still counting.  So it seems we have a while to go before we even hit that step.

So the question is what to do during the wait??  Start packing is what I want to do but that seems a bit premature.  I could start gathering our donations for the orphanage, but we are trying to save every cent to get our family to China and a friend has said that she wants to throw a "shower" and we decided that we would have people bring stuff to donate.  Lord knows I don't need any gifts.  Claire is gift enough!!

So I wait, I look at paperwork, I scour the Net trying to get an idea of other's time lines to see if we are getting close.  But nothing seems to keep the longing away.  We are so ready to get our girl!  It seems sort of funny because at this time last year, having another child in our family wasn't even being considered.  When I think of that, I marvel at the miracles God works in our lives!  I know Claire will come home exactly when she is supposed to.  Until then, I continue this lesson in patience.

2 comments:

  1. Our family fell in love with "Belle" while we were waiting to go get our Avery. We went to China to get Avery in December. I'm so happy Claire has a family of her very own! I have been wanting to meet you since we live in the same city :) but now I'm so happy to have found your blog. We are going back hopefully this next December to get our 10 year old son. We'll have to hook up so he and Claire can talk Chinese to each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Would be great to meet you! Here's hoping that your paper chase is smooth and wait times short!!

    ReplyDelete