Thursday, June 23, 2011

Still Waiting

This waiting business is so hard!!  We originally thought we'd be well on our way to China by now.  "We'll get her in June or July".  That's what we said.  We are now at nearly the end of June with no travel plans in sight.

We are still waiting on LOA.  Earlier this week I learned that a family whose LID date is the exact same day as ours got their LOA last Friday.  So it really should be any time.  It's not like we can check on it.  Or like we can call China and say "Hurry up!!  There is a family waiting to be united!!"  We must patiently wait and hope for good news the next day.

The waiting is hard on everyone.  Catherine had a dream yesterday that China called us and said come get Claire on June 30.  Luke keeps asking when are we going?  Every morning I scan my emails and check area codes on incoming calls hoping to hear something from our agency.  They are on the East Coast, so I know if I don't hear anything by about noon, that I have to wait at least one more day.

One of the things that has been really different from Luke's adoption, is the parent education we have to do.  We had to complete about 10 hours of on line education and are now reading 3 books on Adoption and Attachment.  We have to write reports about the books.  I knocked one out pretty quickly.  The book that I'm reading now is super informative.  I think it's going to be very helpful with Claire, Luke and, ironically, my work!  So, while reading these books are really hard on a variety of levels, I think in the long run the process will be really beneficial.

Today, I'm attaching a picture of Claire.  It's one we received after she got her birthday presents from us. She is standing with 2 her caregivers.  You can how petite she is.  Can't wait to get her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment