Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Feeling Frustrated!!

The toughest part of adopting, is the wait. Especially when you are waiting on other people to do their part. I have completed everything that I can do right now. We are waiting on our Home Study. We last met with our social worker about 2 1/2 weeks ago. She said she'd have it done in 7-10 days. I'm trying to be patient, given that it's the holidays, but it's hard. I've called and emailed her, just to check in and make sure that she has everything from us that she needs and I've not heard back from her.

The next step in the process is to submit the Home Study to US Immigration(now called CIS). That starts a whole bunch of other wheels turning. But I can't do that until I have the Home Study. And I can't send documents to China without the Home Study being approved by CIS. China can't send us a Letter of Acceptance until they have all of our documents . . . .so you can see how we are feeling frustrated.

More important than our frustration, is a little girl in China who waits . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment