Friday, December 31, 2010

Excited!

This morning I woke up to a very exciting email from China. An Angel named Angela, who lives in China, had emailed to say that she had placed the care package she assembled at our request, in the mail to Claire! She said that the Orphanage would be receiving it after the New Year. My hopeful heart interprets this to mean the first part of next week.

What is so exciting is that when the package is received, Claire will know about us. We sent a letter, a photo album, a camera(so they can take pictures of her for us) and an English teaching machine. I wish that there was some way to be a fly on the wall to see what her reaction is. I'm sure she will be excited to be receiving something. The idea of a family, and leaving the only place she's ever known will take some time to sink in. I don't think it is realistic to hope that we'd get some kind of response from her. I'm just hoping that some day, she will be able to tell us how she felt when she learned that there were people half the world away who were loving her, praying for her and counting the days until she is with us.

And, on that note, I wish you all a very Happy New Year and pray that 2011 bestows many blessings on you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment